common terms used in family law:
- Affidavit – a sworn document.
- Decree nisi – the Court’s certificate that you are entitled to
- Decree absolute – the document that shows that you are divorced
and able to remarry.
- Petitioner – the person bringing the proceedings.
- Respondent – the person responding.
- Ancillary relief – the term for sorting out the financial
- Form E - the detailed financial statement that has to be filled
in whenever an application for orders of a financial nature is
filed at court.